I hope you all had a fabulously relaxing weekend! Aside from missing out on Miami due to yet another fainting episode, mine was actually pretty good (considering). Got tons done, caught up with stranger friends, and recharged. Plus, I booked 3 modeling assignments, finished up some reading homework, and (against doctor's orders) ran a mile. Winning!
As a Florida girl, we have a reputation of a certain bronzeness to uphold, so I'll never turn down any form of color enhancement. During my one week testing period, I've determined that this stuff rocks. Sun 'n' Bronze combines the best shades of tint for a completely dimensional sun-kissed look... for $4.99. Really!? I love MAC, and it's been my go-to bronzer for forever... but NYC's bronzer is a close rival for less than a quarter of the cost, not to mention it has increased availability and prettier packaging (marketing is everything, y'all).
I think Birchbox has a radar for when I'm unhappy. I've been seriously considering cancelling my subscription due to several disappointing boxes in a row, and all of a sudden they send me a pleasant surprise. Great products, nice-sized samples, and chocolate all in one. Congrats, you bought yourself another month, Birchbox!
1. Juicy Couture//Couture La La: Pleasant new scent from Juicy! It's a fruity flower concoction, perfect for work or any daytime affair. Like it. Full-Size, $19-90.
2. Secret Agent Beauty//Secret Lip Affair: Gorgeous lip plumper infused with vitamin E. I'll be purchasing this in the full-size ($16). Worth it.
3. TIGI//Rockaholic Fun Times Flexible Hairspray: This nonsticky hairspray from TIGI leaves a natural-looking finish. I like it, but I'm still a bigger fan of Moroccan Oil. Full-size, $20.50.
4. Twistband//Thick Headband: These soft elastic headbands keep hair out of your face without creasing, which is fabulous. However, in my opinion, they don't last very long. After a few uses, the color fades and the fabric starts to tether. Like them, but I'm not sold. Set of 6, $19.
5. Ghiradelli//Milk & Caramel Square: Who doesn't love these? Delicious. I'm not sure why this was in my Birchbox, though. Whatever, I'll take it.
My main issue in the past has been too many foil packets and pathetically-sized samples. These are products that I'll actually use.. and there's enough substance to actually test! (except for the Ghiradelli Square...I ate that in about 5 seconds). I've decided that I'm still going to start my subscription to Ipsy; however, I'm keeping Birchbox for extra product exposure.
Completely switching gears... Unfortunately, quite a few of my friends are dealing with loser boys at the moment, so I wanted to take the time to share my advice... easier said than done, but a fool-proof method for feeling better! :)
Now for a fabulous week filled with golf tournament planning, doctor appointments, and play dates. This may be my first full week back (nevermind my episode on Friday-- fingers crossed!), so I'm hoping I'm not in over my head... because I also committed to several modeling projects within the next week alone. Also, I may get a kitten. I'll keep you posted!
Have a wonderful week, loves!