“When you are down to nothing, God is up to something.” Hope that gives you some inspiration to get through the week!
In honor of finding 300 followers, Miss America weekend, and feeling (slightly) better due to a combination of extreme and controlled medications, I’ve decided to do a mid-January giveaway! Enter now for a chance to win a black Coach Madison Universal Coach Wristlet (over $60 value)!
Given I am a stress relief expert who spends 30+ hours sitting at home due to my gastritis, I've come up with a January 2013 Stress Relief List to help others with similar anxiety issues. This list is a combination of how I spend my ample free time, lower my heart rate, and keep my spirits up!
1) Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy “Sleep” Spray ($10/Bath and Body Works/Product Information). This pillow mist in lavendar-vanilla "Sleep" scent combines lavender essentials oils and vanilla absolute to help you relax before sleep. It's surprisingly effective and smells fabulous.
2) Earth Therapeudics Soothing Beaded Gel Beauty Eye Mask ($4.49/Kohl's/Product Information). This face mask in essential in relaxing tired eyes and reducing eye puffiness. Be sure to put in the refrigerator for maximum results.
3) Whoot Full-Size Premium Scentsy Warmer ($35/Whoot Full-Size Premium Warmer/Product Information). My newest aromatic obsession! The parafin wax lasts months longer than regular candles, and Scentsy warmers are adorable and perfect for any room. Be sure to test out the "Spa" scent collection ("Just Breathe" is my choice) for maximum relaxation.
4) Smash Season 1 on DVD ($32.99/Ordered by my mom for Christmas—just came in yesterday/Product Information) My friend Darla got me obsessed with this show, but after watching 5 episodes, I couldn't find it in stores or on NetFlix. Now that I have the DVD set, I've been in bed for the past 24 hours watching the season. Watch Katherine McFee belt in this TV drama about a Marilyn Monroe musical.
5) Portable Electronic Toothbrush ($15.99/ VioLight Slim Sonic Travel Toothbrush/Product Information) If you're OCD about oral hygiene like me, you MUST brush your teeth after eating and//or getting sick. This portable toothbrush fits anywhere and does a great job of cleaning my teeth.
6) Juice Beauty Stem Cell Repair CC Cream ($39.99/Juice Beauty/Product Information) I hardly have energy to put clothes on most mornings, so putting on makeup is just not happening most days. This amazing CC cream covers all blemishes and provides a mock look of foundation. Plus, it's great for your skin!
7) Vaseline ($.99/Drug Stores/Beauty Tips I've started putting it on my eyelashes for conditioning, and without wearing mascara, it still provides the look of colored lashes. Again, for a girl who hardly has energy to get dressed in the morning, vaseline is a cheap lifesaver. Vaseline is also a well-known tip for remember to smile. A pageant girl requirement!
8) Dream Jar (Free/Diary of a Debutante/Craft Information) Refer to my previous post for more information. If you need help motivating yourself throughout 2013, create your own Dream Jar!
9) Clarisonic (124.99/Clarisonic Mia2 Skin Cleansing System/Product Information) This skin cleansing system has changed my skin. I sleep all the time, so my skin constantly feels dirty and worn. The Clarisonic deep cleans for a refreshed and finished look. Be sure to replace your brush head at least every 6 months.
10) Fuzzy Heart Pillow ($14.99/Pink Plush Heart Pillow/Target) I saw this at Target and couldn't resist! My heart pillow is perfect for cuddling and for celebrating (not having a) Valentine's Day!
11) Dove Silky Smooth Raspberry & Dark Chocolate Swirl ($4.99 per bag/Drug Stores/Product Information) I have hypoglycemia, so I need little sugary snacks throughout the day to stay healthy and not pass out. Dove Silky Smooth Raspberry & Dark Chocolate Swirl chocolates are relatively healthy and absolutely delicious. If you haven't tried them, do yourself a favor and give them a go!
12) Pinterest (Free/Pinterest Sign-In) If you follow me (if not, please do!), you know that I pin things throughout the day. It's a great way to pass time, motivate yourself, and find fabulous beauty//fashion//everyday tips and inspiration.
Miss America was last night, and although I’m typically shocked by the judges’ final pick, I was especially surprised this year. Congrats to Miss New York, Mallory Hytes Hagan; although, it wouldn’t kill you to smile on stage. As a former pageant queen, I thought smiling was of the essence. I can’t say how proud I am of Miss Florida 2012, Laura McKeeman.The largest shock of the night (for me and the rest of the Southeast) was that she didn’t advance further than the Top 15. I guess you never know what they’re looking for! If anyone should’ve already known that, it’s me. I’ve had my fair share of “just not being right” for a title.
On an unrelated note, thank you, Airborne, for sending me free samples this week. For a sick chick like me, these can always be appreciated… whether it’s for warding off an actual ailment, or just boosting my Vitamin C... Airborne is good stuff.
Just a heads up for Valentine's day... I've joined the February Dream Crafter’s Giveaway! This particular giveaway won't start until after the 300 Follower giveaway is complete (February 11-21), so be sure to enter both! Information and fellow blogger participants can be found here. Stay tuned for prize information!
Happy Sunday! I hope each and every one of you has had a safe and fabulous weekend. Be sure to enter my 300 Follower Giveaway, and thank you again for all your love and support!